I explain you which healthy properties you can find in the pine nuts:
1. They contain Omega 3 and Omega 6, some essential fatty acids for the body. Due to the human body can not produce them on its own, we must get these acids from the food we eat daily. Omega 3 are beneficial to our heart because they have the ability to lower cholesterol and triglycerides; also reduce blood pressure as well as the possibility of developing diabetes and certain cancers.
2. Pine nuts have significant amounts of iron, magnesium and potassium. An adequate supply of iron from food is really crucial in those deficiency states caused by a poor diet, due to the increasing needs experienced during pregnancy or because of the significant blood loss we can suffer for various reasons, as is the case of period in women.
3. These small nuts are also an exceptional natural source of calcium, hence their consumption is effectively suitable for growing children and teenagers or even for people who suffer from osteoporosis.
4. Their substantial fiber allows us to find in the pine nuts a perfect ally if we need to regulate our intestinal transit. This is because a regular consumption of these nuts can help the body to eliminate waste substances and to reduce levels of glucose and fatty acids in the blood.
5. They are an important source of vitamin B1, which plays a great role in the absorption of glucose by the brain and the nervous system; hence a lack of it can cause tiredness, poor mental activity, lack of coordination and even depression in the worst cases.
6. The pine nuts wealth is also due to its contribution of vitamin B9. Also known as folic acid, vitamin B9 exerts a remarkable action in the formation of blood cells and red blood cells, thus contributing in the prevention of anemic and in maintaining healthy skin. Folic acid also reduces the possibilities of developing heart diseases and different cancers. Similarly, stimulates the formation of digestive acids and, therefore, improve our appetite.
7. Regarding to its content in vitamin E, we can say this vitamin, thanks to its antioxidant properties, exerts a protective effect on our immune, nervous and cardiovascular systems.